Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MAXAAPL

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Or am I the unlucky one?

I did a gray image test on my phone after noticing that the display has this weird greenish hue sometimes. Especially noticeable on dark grays. I know OLED has its quirks but just wanted to know if you guys think this is normal?

For example, the dark keyboard when you're using an app with dark mode has this weird green-gray color when it's normally gray. To be frank, it does look fairly normal without True Tone and night shift. However, I took these photos with both those settings turned off. I believe one of the pictures isn't at the optimal viewing angle, however the green-gray tiny is still noticeable.

What do you think? sivnQekaSP6KoxRPol89AA.jpg tpuHl9ThQIe4MFX5lCkYiA.jpg

Last edited:

MAXAAPL

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
iPhone X - iPhone X Display uniformity problem | MacRumors Forumshttps://forums.macrumors.com › iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch › iPhone › iPhone

This is normal with OLED. Some are like this, some are worse, some are better, some are good, some are perfect. Its LITERALLY a lottery.

You can buy 15 iPhone XS max and all 15 will be different.

Okay yeah that's what I figured. I definitely seen some much worse from my research. Just wanted some reassurance that my display wasn't that poor.

Had an appointment booked at Apple but I think Im gonna cancel. I'd rather not get caught up in the OLED lottery haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.