Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GooseInTheCaboose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
I ordered some Apple devices recently and was disappointed to find that the boxes had scratches all over and wear/stains in the corners. The sides were also warped. This was on an ipad pro and apple pencil.

Anyone else notice stuff like this? Is it worth bothering returning it for?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
I would rather the box take a little damage in transit than the iPad. Did you buy the iPad for the iPad or the box is the question?

I used to keep boxes and did a purge a year or so back and don’t regret it.

GooseInTheCaboose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
I would rather the box take a little damage in transit than the iPad. Did you buy the iPad for the iPad or the box is the question?

I used to keep boxes and did a purge a year or so back and don’t regret it.
Oh yeah I agree, I just worry that the beat up box is a sign it has been knocked around—and maybe the iPad inside suffered internal damages or something.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
It’s unlikely they are packed extremely well on the inside as well. But if you’re concerned and it’s going to worry you replace it, it’s what the 14-day trial period is for.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
what I noticed while receiving 4 packages from  was the older the outer boxes were every drop off.
and our carrier Leo is getting LLlarrrr-ger!

• Haha
Reactions: Alpha Centauri

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
Swollen Apple Pencil box AND no plastic on iPad box is a definite return with a placed phone call to Apple to voice the condition in which you received it and why it’s being returned. For records purposes.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I doubt the product was damaged but I would be pretty ticked. I know it’s just cosmetic and there are bigger issues in the world. But imagine if it were a gift. Here I spent $1000 on you. Here’s a scuffed up box like I bought it from a street vendor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.