Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Seen them around these boards before. But personally, I'd be worried about dropping it and watching my iPad tumble out of the case. It looks like it is just barely 'hugged' by the holder portion.

TwoFive3

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Seen them around these boards before. But personally, I'd be worried about dropping it and watching my iPad tumble out of the case. It looks like it is just barely 'hugged' by the holder portion.

The big one seems to be the Dodo. I searched under Portenza and no results. They seem not to be getting as much word of mouth as the Dodocase.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Seems very similar to Dodocase--appears they are emphasizing the secure grip of their case (vs. ongoing reports of the initial foam corner pieces of the Dodo failing over time). I like that there are some different choices in appearance but the rise with the cover open doesn't seem as high as the Dodo (I have one and I wouldn't want it to be any lower personally--perfect for typing) and I don't like the lack of a full cutout for the speaker---don't think their AudioFlow sound ports will work as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.