Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
My iPhone 12 Pro Max battery bloated and became unusable about 6 months ago. Knowing that I wanted to wait until the 15, I replaced the battery with an aftermarket battery. Works absolutely fine and has a long battery life now.

Question is because it is aftermarket, I get a "Unknown Part" message in the battery section in settings. Will this impact my trade-in value? Do they even check? Cosmetically and functionally the phone is near mint. Anyone had this experience?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
My iPhone 12 Pro Max battery bloated and became unusable about 6 months ago. Knowing that I wanted to wait until the 15, I replaced the battery with an aftermarket battery. Works absolutely fine and has a long battery life now.

Question is because it is aftermarket, I get a "Unknown Part" message in the battery section in settings. Will this impact my trade-in value? Do they even check? Cosmetically and functionally the phone is near mint. Anyone had this experience?
not sure, but the apple rep I spoke with when I got my 15 Pro said all of the trade in phones are destined for recycling, not refurbishment for use. so an aftermarket battery may not matter to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.