Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Does the screen still leave a watermark effect with the new iphone screen?

Also, does camera picture quality degrade since there's a piece of plastic in front of it thats built into the hard shell layer?

Thanks.

Ironworker808

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Yes the screen leaves a watermark, but a small blast of baby powder will get rid of them. Just hold the screen protector ABOVE the baby powder and squeeze the bottle, causing a small puff of powder to rise up into the film.

No, there is no decrease in picture quality.

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Yes the screen leaves a watermark, but a small blast of baby powder will get rid of them. Just hold the screen protector ABOVE the baby powder and squeeze the bottle, causing a small puff of powder to rise up into the film.

No, there is no decrease in picture quality.

do you have to apply more pressure then usual on the touch screen and is there any lag present?

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
I have the Defender case on my 32GB and it works really well. No problems with screen sensitivity at all. I did the baby powder trick as well. The other common complaint for the Defender case is that those on the other end can hear an echo when you speak. I found that I have this if I hold my hand down by the mic, but if I hold the phone higher up on the phone (i.e. up near the apple logo) and keep the heel of my hand away from the mic, no echo is present at all.

=MuLti-CeLL=

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
m0biLe
I have one on my 3GS as well and it works just fine with no problems what so ever on screen sensitivity through the membrane.

This baby powder trick. Is it done on the inside of the case before you put your iPhone in or afterwards on the OUTSIDE of the film?

Ironworker808

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
I have one on my 3GS as well and it works just fine with no problems what so ever on screen sensitivity through the membrane.

This baby powder trick. Is it done on the inside of the case before you put your iPhone in or afterwards on the OUTSIDE of the film?

On the inside before you put the iPhone in.

disRUPtors

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
New Orleans
I am also a otterbox defender user. I really like this case. Yes, there is a watermark effect. The funny thing is I had forgotten about it until I started reading this thread.

daitalianjob

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
i have this case and i must say it is amazing. i also have a Power Support Anti Glare screen protector on my iphone 3gs's screen and THERE IS NO WATERMARK FROM THE OTTERBOX. instead of potentially harming your iphone by putting baby powder on it, put the power support anti glare on it and you will no longer have watermark. also, the power support anti glare protector doesnt have that weird feel like other anti glare protectors.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
instead of potentially harming your iphone by putting baby powder on it, put the power support anti glare on it and you will no longer have watermark.
You don't blast the baby powder. It should be so light that you might not even see the powder in the air. It is so small amount of powder that there is no way any damage could happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.