Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
^ New platform? Sure but Microsoft has been building mobile OSs for 12 years now, they're not new to this at all.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I really like the Nokia 920 and it's so tempting. My issue is I like the easiness of how my iPhone, Mac, and Apple TV how they work together.

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
I bought the 920 a few days ago to go along as my secondary phone. My main phone is an iPhone 5. I think I'll be returning it. It's a very nice phone and in my opinion it's better the Andriod already but it's still not as fluid as the iPhone yet. Missing things like rotation, no do not disturb / profiles, and like the previous post said no toggle between sound notifications is just to much to put up with just yet. I will tell you I have been debating this for the past two days because overall I really like the OS so far, it just needs more

aced411

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
I absolutely love my WP8 Phone (Lumia 820), and I've been an iPhone user since 2007. It can be a little scary making the switch. I've tried it a few times in the past (android, WP7). I'm finally found a winner with WP8 and now am officially NOT an iPhone user. I have an Apple TV and mac so I do get the love of integration. For me it was no biggie. WP syncs perfectly with iTunes via their app. As far as Apple TV I didn't use airplay for anything seriously and I programmed a few remotes around the house using the nice ATV learn feature. The biggest loss for me would have been my bank not having an app (check deposits). Fortunately my wife still has an iPhone so that's no big deal.

What I love:
  • Live tiles
  • The look, feel and speed of the UI
  • The fact that I can plug my phone into a computer and drag files onto it, including music
  • Nokia Music
  • My cool wireless charging setup (Nokia has a cool nighttime UI when I dock my phone)
  • Full fidelity compatibility with MS Office docs

What I Miss, but can live without:
  • A few apps (Google Chrome, Official Dropbox, some games, my bank)
  • Record an audio file and send it over text
  • HQ video over sms (This will never happen, it's an iMessage thing)
  • Rock solid stability (I've had a few reboots)

nickftw8686

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
I am a happy owner of the Lumina 900. Love the live tiles, email, calendar and office apps. I can read over office documents for work and make a small edit if need be. Only thing I don't like is the marketplace app, needs work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.