Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2001
I have never purchased from the apple store online before so am not entirely sure what goes on.

My panther order is still sitting on 'open' which means...

Open: Your order or order line has begun processing but has not yet shipped. Once your order is “open”, Apple will provide you the estimated dates that your products will ship from its distribution sites

Seeing as it is due at my doorstep in three days, should the order not have changed to "shipped'? Which means...

Shipped: All items on your order or order line have shipped from Apple’s warehouse(s).

Maybe I am just paranoid, because I don't want to have to wait until next week for panther (the reason i purchased online).

By the way, I purchased from the Australian apple store online. My estimated shipping date is: On or before 10/24/2003, despite the fact that panther is officially released in Australia the next day.

So i guess what im asking, is should i be worried that my order status has not changed to 'shipping'?

Thx
Woodsey

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Since I bought Panther for $19 even though I purchased my PB on Oct 6th or so, I'm just scared they'll take it away. In three days or by next week......I really don't care. I just hope I get it for $19. :p

So.......hard to manage...open............windows....argh!!!

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Apple has been known to do some odd shipping things like ship overnight when you picked the free ground shipping--especially when you buy things pre-release. If Panther isn't at your door (and mine) on Friday I'll be surprised.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2001
I didnt actually get a choice of shipping types, probably because im in Australia. The only option was 'Standard Shipping' which is 5-7 business days after order is built.

I hope that doesnot mean It arrives next week. after all, I ordered it on the 10th...

Apple should be more than capiable of shipping it by friday, but for some reason, i have visions of me waiting at the front door for several days, while everyone else is enjoying their shiny new OS :(

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
I've noticed three things with my order (recent PB15, $30 cdn upgrade):

1) Although I was charged for shipping when I ordered it, that shipping charge has disappeared now.

2) I chose the cheapest shipping option, because I really don't care about getting it exactly on the 24th, but order status now lists it as 2 day

3) It's slated to ship on or before the 21st (I guess I'll find out tomorrow) which, on two day shipping, would make it arrive on the 24th!

soakwashrinse

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Sydney, Australia
woodsey,

I expect Apple Australia will ship on the 23rd or 24th, possibily even on the 25th. Judging from my previous (hardware) purchases from them, and seeing as you're in Adelaide, my guess is Panther will be on your doorstep Monday or Tuesday next week.

I'm just *hoping* that they'll honour my Panther Up-to-Date order. :)

woodsey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by soakwashrinse
woodsey,

I expect Apple Australia will ship on the 23rd or 24th, possibily even on the 25th. Judging from my previous (hardware) purchases from them, and seeing as you're in Adelaide, my guess is Panther will be on your doorstep Monday or Tuesday next week.

I'm just *hoping* that they'll honour my Panther Up-to-Date order. :)

Thanks for your insight soakwashrinse... I hope they can ship it on the 23rd or 34th because Im remember reading they dont deliver on the week end.

I guess ill just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, my order still reads 'Open'

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
while (also in Aus - GO AUSSIE GO) i will at 9am on the 25th waltz down to my local apple store with 800 odd other people, swipe my card, and waltz back home with a lovely black box of education panther.

one a side note: ironic that apple is packaging panther in a black box. black box theory is a 'something' that when given something does 'something' with it and produces the required something else. Or in other words: it just works.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2001
benixau I would check before saturday morning to make sure your local retailer can sell edu software, because apparently some cant.

And if they can, dont forget to take your student identification card.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
Originally posted by stcanard

2) I chose the cheapest shipping option, because I really don't care about getting it exactly on the 24th, but order status now lists it as 2 day

i'll be damned. i chose 5 day but now my order says 2 day. it still says that it will ship "on or before the 24th", but i'm starting to get excited.:D

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by woodsey
benixau I would check before saturday morning to make sure your local retailer can sell edu software, because apparently some cant.

And if they can, dont forget to take your student identification card.

they can. i have bought it from them before. i have also bought edu hardware from them too.

Man - i cant wait to be in that que with 800 others who also want to raid the store room for their own pesonal copy of the best OS on the planet (bar BeOS R5).

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
all sweet in the UK

Its coming!

Line Details:

Line Part Number Description Qty UOM
000010 M9227Z/A MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 RETAIL-INT 1 EA

Ship Date : 22-10-2003
Weight : 0.49 KG
Volume : 2.25 CDM

Please note your order has shipped via Parcel Post.
Please allow 10 business days for the delivery.

soakwashrinse

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Sydney, Australia
For what it's worth, my credit card was charged today by Apple for $35 (the price for the Up-to-Date disks), although my order status still remains as 'Open'. Either they've shipped it today, or are getting ready to ship.

amaly76

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2003
NJ
Shipping confirmation

I received my confirmation yesterday at 6:45 PM and the status on Apple's web site changed from open to shipped at this same time. I live in NJ.
Alex

GrannySmith_G5

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2003
oith
My mofo still says open and I ordered the biatch the day it was made available. I'm going to the Salem, NH store tomorrow though, and I'm going to win a computer. I already asked Jesus, and he told me that I indeed would be the winner. I love red holy water.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
My status changed sometime during the night. Unfortunately, my iBook isn't working quite right--there's a strong possibility it's bad RAM, but it may be the logic board. Either one sucks. :(

jamesatzones

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2003
Seattle
I recieved ship confirmation from Apple yesterday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning. So, I'll be getting it before 8, oh I cant wait...

speechpoet

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2002
Vancouver
Canadian UTD order still open

Got a delay notice that bumped me from Oct. 21 to Oct. 24. But I'm fine. Like a day or two or even a week is going to kill me...

...unless, of course, I grind my upper teeth down so far I start hitting grey matter.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2001
Well my status has changed from 'open' to 'shipping', but i have not received a conformation email.

Does the conformation email tell you when the package is expected to arrive?

pjtro2

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Apple Store Oz-Style

Originally posted by woodsey
Thanks for your insight soakwashrinse... I hope they can ship it on the 23rd or 34th because Im remember reading they dont deliver on the week end.

I guess ill just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, my order still reads 'Open'

Same here... I ordered my new imac on the 2nd of October through Apple Store and didn't receive it until the 22nd .. My original 'Shipping' estimate was 5-7 days.. Took them for ever!
Now it's Friday (our official release date is Saturday 9am) and my order is still set to open... Grrrr... I feel like Homer waiting for his gun.

Attachments

• panther_status.gif
    panther_status.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 231
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.