Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi,

as the title suggests, just wanted to find out if the iOS 8 Music app has got Smart Playlists feature added in yet or if it's still just the standard static playlists as in iOS 7 and below.

Really couldn't understand why this hasn't already been included, especially when new music is always added to my phone's music library.

Thanks ;)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi,

as the title suggests, just wanted to find out if the iOS 8 Music app has got Smart Playlists feature added in yet or if it's still just the standard static playlists as in iOS 7 and below.

Really couldn't understand why this hasn't already been included, especially when new music is always added to my phone's music library.

Thanks ;)

Unfortunately no. Genius is there though haha

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Unfortunately no. Genius is there though haha

For goodness sake Apple lol. :(:eek:

Can't believe Apple are neglecting their Music player by excluding such simple yet powerful features. It's easy to see how many people aren't happy with the Music player, even looking here on Macrumors. iTunes is the biggest and most successful music store in the world you would think they'd put some effort into the platform a lot of their customers use to play their media on.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
For goodness sake Apple lol. :(:eek:

Can't believe Apple are neglecting their Music player by excluding such simple yet powerful features. It's easy to see how many people aren't happy with the Music player, even looking here on Macrumors. iTunes is the biggest and most successful music store in the world you would think they'd put some effort into the platform a lot of their customers use to play their media on.

I love smartplaylists. I wish we could create them on our phones as well :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.