Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Have any of the recent updates fixed the issues with Notes and Reminders not being able to synch between iOS and Mac devices?

Thanks.

Reactions: jpn

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Have any of the recent updates fixed the issues with Notes and Reminders not being able to synch between iOS and Mac devices?

Thanks.

i think that it does appear any Reminders and Notes issues have been solved.
if you do a net search for people still having problems there are many people claiming problems still.
however, if you look at the circumstances around these claims they don't appear accurate or widespread.
Reminders is a very different app from Reminders before.
its powerful and useful.
Notes: i don't think there has ever been a well reported pervasive case for problems with Notes.

Reactions: kat.hayes

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
i think that it does appear any Reminders and Notes issues have been solved.
if you do a net search for people still having problems there are many people claiming problems still.
however, if you look at the circumstances around these claims they don't appear accurate or widespread.
Reminders is a very different app from Reminders before.
its powerful and useful.
Notes: i don't think there has ever been a well reported pervasive case for problems with Notes.
It seems that my Reminders now synch, though my Notes still do not. I delete notes on my Mac and they are not updated on my iPhone. Running the latest OS on both devices :-(

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
It seems that my Reminders now synch, though my Notes still do not. I delete notes on my Mac and they are not updated on my iPhone. Running the latest OS on both devices :-(

hi
assuming you have Notes checked in iCloud settings, then it is likely that it takes a couple of minutes to start appearing (at least in my case it wasn't within a few seconds, i needed to try to push it and it took several minutes for the notes to appear).

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I never had a problem with Reminders syncing.

I just tested Notes on my iPhone 7+. I had to kill the App and relaunch it and the notes updated.

Syncing works better on my iPad Mini 5 but it is not 100%.

Syncing works on macOS High Sierra though - I have not had any problems with HS.

My belief is that the cause of this problem is the same as that for the Mail App. I have a similar problem there where email loads but the UI doesn't update. That is it doesn't show the new emails. Sometimes I have to do a bunch of pulls to see it but usually I have to kill the mail app and relaunch it and then they show up.

It's possible that it's a problem with certain types of hardware too. At any rate, my workflow is to kill the app on the iPhone and relaunch it. For stuff that doesn't sync, and it still happens sometimes, I go into macOS and retype it off the mobile device.

It's also possible that it's a server-side problem.

achappy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2017
I assume you must be referencing the issue where if you upgraded the Reminders app to the new version then you couldn't sync.

But I've had no issues syncing with iOS13 "old" Reminders and Notes with iOS12 and High Sierra Devices. Then once my family upgraded all of our devices to iOS13 and Catalina we still haven't had any issues syncing. Either personal Reminders and Notes or shared ones.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I assume you must be referencing the issue where if you upgraded the Reminders app to the new version then you couldn't sync.

But I've had no issues syncing with iOS13 "old" Reminders and Notes with iOS12 and High Sierra Devices. Then once my family upgraded all of our devices to iOS13 and Catalina we still haven't had any issues syncing. Either personal Reminders and Notes or shared ones.

I haven't upgraded either and don't plan on doing so anytime soon as Catalina isn't supported at work. I'd rather have something that works than something that has new features.

Reactions: pinchies

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I signed out of iCloud and signed back in on my iPhone 7+ and it's working fine now. Changes propagate to and from macOS very quickly (within seconds) now. Now I need to fix my iPad Mini.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Not the same thing, but I have an open issue right now where IOS reminders do not show in iCloud. Currently in the hands of the developers.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I'm not sure that I need to sign out and back in on the Mini as the Mini appears to be syncing now. I may do it anyways as a kind of refresh.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I made the mistake of updating Reminders, which sucks. Not only because I'm still on Mojave but because now Reminders I've set for monthly or weekly alerts aren't alerting me. Yesterday I was supposed to see a monthly alert to pay a credit card. No alert of any kind. I see it's in Reminders as uncompleted but why no alert? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of, I don't know, reminding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.