Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Has the WIFI bug been fixed? Before, when an iMac went to sleep, then woke up, you would still be connected to WIFI, but nothing would load. You would have to turn off/on wifi to get anything to work. This fixed in 10.12 beta?

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
?
Yeah obviously that's not a thing, or people wouldn't even be able to use their computers.

If that's a thing for you, you ought to be taking steps to resolve and not expecting a new OS update to fix it.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
?

If that's a thing for you, you ought to be taking steps to resolve

Whats that mean? I've tried 5 different FW's on my router, some are better than others. No other devices have this issue (macbook pro, windows pc, iPhone, iPad), there are numerous reports on the web/reddit about El Captain, and the poor wifi connection/drops. Maybe I should sell the Asus AC88 (which has a lot of praise in the network community) and buy a used Airport Extreme....

Its been well documented: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7378542?start=165&tstart=0

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.