Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnsig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2020
As a visually impaired person i would be interested to know if these glasses have been tested with visually impaired people i.e. can the glass be made to prescription. mine are like bottle tops that might be a challenger.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Since they are not a real released product currently this question cannot be answered yet. It will rely on how much the technology depends on the lens glass, if it does not it should support prescription lens without issue.

johnsig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2020
Thanks for this, i didn't know at what stage of development they were at. have apple given any clue as to a possible release date do you know?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
So far the information we have has been leaked by people involved in supply chain or other areas that go into developing the glasses. Announcement is rumored to be within 2021 (first half some have guessed), release date is currently unknown.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Apple hasn't even officially acknowledged they are working on it. At this point, any information about it is speculation. (Much like the also-rumored "Apple Car".)

It is far too early to know *ANYTHING* about what an actual release product would be like. The iPhone, for example, was rumored for years before its release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.