Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
That’s the problem. It doesn’t work immediately during the animation when you just entered the tab. You have to swipe multiple times before it actually goes back. It’s a matter of 1 s or less but it’s pretty annoying. And it happens in many other scenarios.
And why would you even do that? Serious question. What's the use case, that you want to display content, that you don't even want to see and go right back?

Reactions: jhuynh

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
And why would you even do that? Serious question. What's the use case, that you want to display content, that you don't even want to see and go right back?
If we consider this specific scenario, but of course there are many others, if you enter a menu by mistake you cannot go back immediately as on Android, you have to lose a second before the input is registered again. If you add up all these things over the course of a year the time lost becomes gigantic.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
If we consider this specific scenario, but of course there are many others, if you enter a menu by mistake you cannot go back immediately as on Android, you have to lose a second before the input is registered again. If you add up all these things over the course of a year the time lost becomes gigantic.
Most people don't care about that so they're not likely to do anything. Although in much older versions of iOS you couldn't interrupt the app launching animation either but they eventually changed it so that you could, so there's a small chance.

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
How often does that happen to you over the course of a year? 😅

Reactions: jhuynh

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
How often does that happen to you over the course of a year? 😅
Use android for a while and you’ll notice it’s much faster. I don’t see why ignoring this problem. If you like iOS, as I do, you must report what’s wrong. Not defending Apple.

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
Use android for a while and you’ll notice it’s much faster. I don’t see why ignoring this problem. If you like iOS, as I do, you must report what’s wrong. Not defending Apple.
I use a Pixel for work. I agree the animations are faster in Android, but I've never had to swipe back in iOS before the animation finished (until I tried to replicate the issue, via your raising of it here). I don't fault for you raising it, but I do question how this happens enough for you to make a "gigantic" difference over the course of a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.