Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I just left my Apple store where I wanted to get a case for the iPhone I bought yesterday. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let anyone in unless they waited in the God awful line. Even if you were going to buy a computer or wanted to have a repair, you'd have to wait hours in the line. They were going to do this until the lines go down so I figure at least through the weekend, you'll have to wait in line for anything Apple. So, if you get into the store when you get your phone, do all your shopping then, otherwise you'll be waiting again!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Some stores maintain a separate line for people with non-iPhone business. They take people from the iPhone line when a rep is available to help with that, and they take from the other line when a rep is available to help with other issues.

Making everyone sit in a single line shows that they don't want to try to manage two different types of customers.

Sphyrna

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
That is just stupid! Why risk turning away all the other customers? I know I sure wouldn't wait in that line to buy a computer. I'm glad my Apple store didn't do that. Although I did wonder if they would. I also went in to look for a case. While I didn't have to wait in line I also didn't get any assistance. I didn't see a case I wanted anyway so just walked out.

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Making everyone sit in a single line shows that they don't want to try to manage two different types of customers.

Yeah, I'm thinking you are right. The guy had the "tough sh*t" attitude so it's probably just laziness cuz really, it's Raleigh NC after all! They're not a madhouse like NY!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
My Apple Store yesterday would let non-iPhone people into the store without making them wait in the long line.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
This exact thing happened to me at the Raleigh Apple store. I drove over to the mall this afternoon, hoping to purchase an audio cable for my iPhone so that I can connect it to the radio in my car (it has an audio jack). Well they wouldn't let me in the store to buy the cable. Said I would have to stand in a line that was about 20 deep and wait my turn. And this was just to buy a stupid cable. I should have known better and just waited a couple of weeks. I've gone 6 months without the cable as it is.

dlamin517

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
This exact thing happened to me at the Raleigh Apple store. I drove over to the mall this afternoon, hoping to purchase an audio cable for my iPhone so that I can connect it to the radio in my car (it has an audio jack). Well they wouldn't let me in the store to buy the cable. Said I would have to stand in a line that was about 20 deep and wait my turn. And this was just to buy a stupid cable. I should have known better and just waited a couple of weeks. I've gone 6 months without the cable as it is.

Same here at an apple store in the bay area.went in to buy a case abs was asked to wait in the iPhone line. Bull

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
I went to Woodfield to try and buy a case for my 3G...and the girl at the door told me the same thing. I didn't really feel like waiting in line, so I just left. I do understand that it was a madhouse in the store, but I knew what I was looking for, and it wouldn't have taken all that long. The store I was at yesterday (Northbrook Court) seemed to be letting in people who weren't buying iPhones without their having to wait. I don't know if that changed today or not.

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Well, all I can say (as a stock holder) is I hope Apple is making a killing on the iPhone to justify turning away all other sales!

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
The Apple store I went to had two lines - one for iPhone purchases and one for all other Apple related purchases/queries. Guess which one was shorter :p

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
I had the same Problem last night. The line to purchase accessories or other Apple Products was about 10 people deep at the Apple Store in Louisville. The guy in front of me said he had already waited 20 minutes. I just left. That was really stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.