Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdAngel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2002
France
I am IT student and I plan to buy a PowerBook but never before :

USB2
Firewire2
Built-in Bluetooth

I really hope a new design, and DDR, top video card, hard freq change, and has dream ;

A tablete writing area below the keybord and bi-pro :)

will

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2002
I think USB2 is some way off, Apple will want to establish firewire2 first. I suspect both firwire2 and bluetooth will be in the next major update, but we won't see that for a while. Out of interest why do you need fw2 and usb2? (For bluetooth you can already buy an adaptor).

ColdAngel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2002
France
Firewire 2 is for the future with new devices and mainly with TCP/IP over it you can make great scientific application( small but fast cluster)

USB2 because a lot of new device start to use it, and I want a Mac not a stuff I can't plug anywere.

I don't want to wait the time were they will be too many USB2 stuff and Apple will be force to add it and in the mean time we wouldn't be able to use 'cheap' stuff.
If firewire 2 is so great then it will win but Apple must not force us to use it, are they Microsoft like ?

And but a 3000$ laptop and add an ugly stuff to it to have bluetooth. It's a must have and a shame that it isn't already in the 1gz one because they write bluetooth many time on the main pages

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i am in the IT field and i see fw2 and usb2, but bluetooth will take some time

as will hdtv and fiber optic to rule their respective fields

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.