Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

captmatt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
I've got to quit browsing the app store! I've spent waaaay too much money on apps. And I know that the ones currently available will be nothing compared to what will be out in a month or two. The iPad just really brings out the potential of the platform!

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
I don't have that many apps yet, just 4 apps short of having my second screen done. I also have 2 placeholder apps - a Facebook bookmark and an ESPN bookmark.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
I've kept it reasonable. I've purchase about $94 worth of apps and books for the iPad since yesterday. I'm going to stop browsing for a bit until more cool things hit the app store.

dusters711

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
I haven't spent a single cent on any iPad apps yet! Believe me though, I understand how you feel as I am constantly cruising the app store!! I just feel that some of them are way overpriced at this point... I understand that the developers put time and money into the apps but hopefully some will come down in price a little.

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
Oh boy do I know what you mean, here's what I've bought:

1Password
Mondo Solitaire
NetNewsWire
Scrabble
Field Runners
UNO
Plants vs. zombies
Articles
Bento
Things
Pages
Keynote
Deliveries

God help me :/

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii
Only downloaded free ones so far

Waiting for paid versions to adjust to reality in a month or so

I also check appshopper.com for free specials

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I'm trying to hold out on some games because I'm sure the price will drop on them within a month.

captmatt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, I have a feeling I'll realize I paid too much! I've bought a variety of apps as well as downloaded the top 25 free apps (easy to delete!) Tried a magazine, RealRacing, StarWalk, iStarwalk, GoodReader, Pad Mouse, Pages, Keynote, a few kids books, The Elements, and more! But I've put myself on a 2 week moratorium....must stop buying apps!

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
I went to costco and bought $120.00 in cards for $90 something after discount last week. after buying the trio for powerpoints, numbers and word, i have so far resisited cept for goodreader. trying to catch stuff on sale.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Apps are way overpriced right now. Why do I have to spent 5 bucks for a 99 cent app on iPhone or iPod?

Just like when the app store went live everything was overpriced, I'm waiting.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
iPad apps I've downloaded so far.

Keynote
Pages
Numbers
ReaddleDocs
GoodReader
iTeleport
Memeo Connect Reader (free)
ABC watcher (free)
eBay for iPad (free)
iBooks (free)
IMDb for iPad (free)
WSJ (free)

GoodReader is quickly becoming my favorite app so far. Nice file viewer (PDF, .doc, .ppt, etc.), downloads AND uploads to iDisk, Google Docs, various other cloud services, IMAP/POP email servers, can edit text files and more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.