Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Hi, I discovered this site while looking for hosting solutions. Basically, web hosting companies can register with them as long as they "promise" to abide by their code of etics. "Real" customers can then submit their experiences and they can rate their web hosting company. One of the companies that I have interest in hiring has a very good rating. Have you heard of this site? do you think it works? thanks

p.s. I just re-read this and I realized that it sounds a bit spamish :) I assure you that this is not a site of mine. I really want to know if they can be trusted because the webhost I want to hire has a very good rating with them.

theappleguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
What ever sites you use to locate a host, make sure you do a search for them at WebHostingTalk before you order because if anyone has had any problems with them, you will no doubt hear about them there. :p

I personally don't have 100% trust sites like that (not that I know much about that one specifically) because normally they rank hosts based on how much they are willing to pay rather than how good they actually are.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
theappleguy said:
What ever sites you use to locate a host, make sure you do a search for them at WebHostingTalk before you order because if anyone has had any problems with them, you will no doubt hear about them there. :p
Thanks, that seems much more neutral. They weren't mentioned on the forums though (either positively or negatively). I guess I'm gonna hire them anyway, they charge $5 a month and they have a 30 day money back guarantee, so I guess it can't be that dangerous hehe.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
ALthough our hosting service is brand new, I am trying to spread it around as greatly, and fast as I can. I have all the resources, knowledge and experience in order to host web sites, and I believe that you should give us a try. NOTE: If you apply for my hosting within the next week, I will consider your site for "free" with no ads, just mention the code: "ADSMR" in the message pane!

Here is a link to the hosting site:

http://amkouri.com/hosting

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.