Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
If this thread belongs in the Apps forum, please move it accordingly. Since I initially thought this new development was an iOS 6 issue, I'll post it here.

Today I opened the Apps Store app like I do each morning to see what updates were available. Previously, it you didn't want to tap the Update button right away, touching an updated app selection name would open its own page with tabs for descriptions, developer notes with dates & user reviews. I've dodged many a flawed update by reading the reviews for problems like crashes & dropped features. Today, the description appears in a dropdown paragraph below the app name beside the Update button and that's the total of what you can see. Nothing to tap & nowhere to go.

To test if this was an iOS 6 issue, I opened Apps on my iPhone 4, running iOS 5.1.1, and while tapping an app still opens its own page as before, it displays nothing but the newest features in the update and is missing all of the items that I listed above. This is the new presentation model?

Where are the reviews? What's to keep users from making useless updates? Over the past year there have been at least a dozen apps that I use every day that have had updates which removed features and others that have been flawed and crash prone. The missing info is still showing online if you Google an app name and go the the iOS entry, but who has the time to do that?

I wanted to document today's change and go on record as being UNHAPPY with the situation. :mad: This has made my iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch life harder than before; I thought the goal was to make things easier.

Does anybody else find the reviews somewhat helpful in a cautionary sense?

Last edited:

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
If this thread belongs in the Apps forum, please move it accordingly. Since I initially thought this new development was an iOS 6 issue, I'll post it here.

Today I opened the Apps Store app like I do each morning to see what updates were available. Previously, it you didn't want to tap the Update button right away, touching an updated app selection name would open its own page with tabs for descriptions, developer notes with dates & user reviews. I've dodged many a flawed update by reading the reviews for problems like crashes & dropped features. Today, the description appears in a dropdown paragraph below the app name beside the Update button and that's the total of what you can see. Nothing to tap & nowhere to go.

To test if this was an iOS 6 issue, I opened Apps on my iPhone 4, running iOS 5.1.1, and while tapping an app still opens its own page as before, it displays nothing but the newest features in the update and is missing all of the items that I listed above. This is the new presentation model?

Where are the reviews? What's to keep users from making useless updates? Over the past year there have been at least a dozen apps that I use every day that have had updates which removed features and others that have been flawed and crash prone. The missing info is still showing online if you Google an app name and go the the iOS entry, but who has the time to do that?

I wanted to document today's change and go on record as being UNHAPPY with the situation. :mad: This has made my iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch life harder than before; I thought the goal was to make things easier.

Does anybody else find the reviews somewhat helpful in a cautionary sense?

Umm I think if you just tap the picture of the app you'll go to the full info page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.