Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Acer (Taiwanese), like many Asian companies, do it. Copy and steal ideas.

Lenovo even took design cues from HTC with the S820. Actually Lenovo has ripped off many ideas from Samsung, HTC, and several others.

But in fairness, Apple's minimalistic design is getting too bland and boring. One is because iPads and iPhones are too common/popular. The other is you can only do much with a slab/slate form factor until they all look the same. And Apple generally doesn't improve its design drastically to begin with. Same area where the speaker is. Same area where the home button would be. And iOS generally looked the same for SIX generations. Their biggest physical design changes comes from the material and design they might use on the rear and to me the front is more important in my eyes. I don't stare at the rear. But it still sells and gets looked upon as one of the best designs even if it gets changed very little over the years.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
No worries, they're not a threat to Apple so no lawsuits will ensue

I don't think Acer is taking design (both hardware and software) and advertising it as a better brand while insulting the company they got their ideas from. Are they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.