Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kman79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Okay, I'll admit to being an idiot, or maybe just being too careful. I could have sworn my old ipod sync connector had two buttons on the side of it you would have to press for it to disconnect from the iPod itself. Just got my iPod touch no more than half an hour ago and plugged it in to my MBP to charge. I tried disconnecting the cable from the ipod touch, and I see no buttons to release the hooks that hold it in place. I gently moved the connector left and right while slowly pulling it off the ipod touch and it came out. Is this the proper way to disconnect the ipod touch from the sync cable? I apologize for being an idiot in advance , but any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
hi

Not a dumb question, I noticed this as well. I kinda think i might go to an older cord as to not feel horrible about ripping it out of the ipod every time. you are certainly not the only one though. It is normal, I would also suggest not going back and forth because that will losen some of hte pins, but rather just try to pull straight out.

Hope that helps at all

Thanks,
Arisian

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
The new iPod cables don't have the connectors on the sides. Just pull it and you will be fine.

kman79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I appreciate the reply and the advice. Can you confirm that the 5G sync cable will work with the Touch? I no longer have my 5G ipod and I do not have any spare sync cables from it.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
works

It works. Ive noticed that when I dont pull the itouch cable out (aka short dongle) directly, it hangs a bit, which i dont like... I might just start using my 5G cable (its my wife, Ill just steal it!)

Hope that helps. Also, I would like to know if a firewire works, might be a tad faster, ill probably try that out as well when I find it

However:

THE 5G CABLE WORKS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.