Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

Have tried multiple times now restoring my Apple TV 4 via iTunes and USB-A/C-cable..

Getting this error message:

"The Apple TV software update server could not be contacted. The requested source was not found."

Also when I option click "Restore Apple TV..." and try uploading a IPSW-file from www.ipsw.me I am getting error with the installment of this.

Any idea how to fix this??

Is it possible to format the hard drive on the Apple TV + Wipe it all clean? Seems like some problem with the file system..

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
How about a little backstory on this. Why did you try to restore the AppleTV via the computer? It's usually the last resort method.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Some problem with a TV-app here in Norway.. Canal Digital

So I suspect this happen because their technicians could not re-produce the error in their tech centre.

(Pausing and rewind/scrolling backwards in time on their Live TV channels)

ThrowerGB

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
Some problem with a TV-app here in Norway.. Canal Digital

So I suspect this happen because their technicians could not re-produce the error in their tech centre.

(Pausing and rewind/scrolling backwards in time on their Live TV channels)
I've found that there's some video streams that just don't rewind. I haven't noticed a pattern yet. Maybe because I'm in a vegetated state while watching TV.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
I've found that there's some video streams that just don't rewind. I haven't noticed a pattern yet. Maybe because I'm in a vegetated state while watching TV.
Hmm.. The recordings works.. Ie episodes, but this also works on other Apple TVs (rewinding and pausing in live channels) so I suspect something being wrong with my particular Apple TV 4.

Maybe cos Beta versions was installed before ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.