Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
curious if anyone is having the issue where after say a few days of non use, yeah I barely use it, when you put it on it does not turn on ? it doesn't do this all the time, but many times.
I find myself having to unplug the side cord temporarily and then it starts up. is it powering off, if so how do you prevent this ? is it crashing ?... its not the battery as its usually 100% after it comes back on as I have it plugged into power source usually for charging.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
The AVP shuts down automatically after 24 hours if unused. It should start up again if you hold the top (left) button for three seconds without unplugging. If it's not restarting after pressing the button, there's something wrong.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
The AVP shuts down automatically after 24 hours if unused. It should start up again if you hold the top (left) button for three seconds without unplugging. If it's not restarting after pressing the button, there's something wrong.
Yep exactly! It hoofed me up when I first got it because I thought it would be just like AirPods Max.

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
thanks @Roller ! will try this next time, probably should read the instruction manual ; ) I did try the button, but maybe not long enough, or did not try the left button.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
thanks @Roller ! will try this next time, probably should read the instruction manual ; ) I did try the button, but maybe not long enough, or did not try the left button.
You have to hold the button for 4 seconds I think but it then takes a minute to boot up. So do this before you put it on.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
LOL on reading the user guide! I actually miss the old days, when printed user manuals were included. I used to read them before using a product. But I guess making them available online makes more sense to save resources. Although Apple has an online manual, I just use Google when I don't know how to do something.

This forum has also been quite helpful as long as I ignore the naysayers. But they mostly flock to the front page stories that have anything to do with the AVP.

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.