Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F4LL3N

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I have a normal madcatz xbox 360 USB gamepad. I had this working on my Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 by installing the xbox driver, the mod package, gamepad companion and following some helpful instructions.

Within the last few weeks the hard drive on my mac mini crashed so I put another one. I went through the same process setting up the controller and it works (solid green light, all buttons function) until I reboot in which case when I plug in the controller it flashes and the solid green light doesn't stay on (as it used to).

This morning I have gone through the same process on my Macbook Pro (also running 10.6.8). Everything worked, rebooted, plugged in the controller and it still works so it is something specific to my mac mini.

Would anyone have any idea why I am getting the problem on the mac mini and not my own laptop? Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.