Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mathematig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago
Hey guys,

I recently purchased an Apple TV 4K and want to use Infuse to stream my videos. And most my movies I bought and collected throughout years are stored in my desktop (Windows 11). And I use iPad Air to try it first, but somehow cannot connect Infuse to Shared File on PC. I enabled SMB and made movie folder shared, and Infuse just showed "error" everytime I input my username and password. I also tried inputing Microsoft email account and password I used to log into my desktop, but the problem remains.

Also, all the movies and TV series are almost dozen TB large, so it is hard to transfer to my Mac to use iTunes. Any help or suggestions about how to connect to PC?

PS: In the Infuse app, I used:
Name: My Name
Protocol: SMB (which is default)
Address: \\username\Movie (my shared folder, also I tried input just "username" of my desktop, but the same error occurred)
Username: *****@hotmail.com
Password: *****

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Mathematig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago
In current settings I see no pointer to the computer you are connecting to.
In address the first thing to follow \\ should be the hostname of the server you are connecting to, if I am not mistaken.
In the "Available Shares" in Infuse app, it shows only one server with my username, and when I click it, the Address is by default "username" and I cannot change it somehow. I try to add a manully server, but no luck. I will try your solution, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.