Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bruins96

macrumors member
May 27, 2021
The ATV properly recognized the Samsung set as a 4K 60fps HDR10 device and set the default output to that (versus when I have it connected to the Sony set which it properly recognizes as a 4K 60fps Dolby Vision capable set and auto changes its output to support that). I confirmed the output change via the menu prior to playback as I was curious if it was smart enough to do that or if I'd have to manually change it.

jst333

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
michigan
This app wasn't very good to begin with, but its a complete clusterbleep now. I get constant studdering with frame drops. It doesn't matter if match frame is on or off and visually it seems like the bitrate is constantly shifting from good to pixelated. Also my track pad goes crazy trying to scrubb video.

Reactions: Bruins96 and srbNYC

soid.exe

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2015
New York, NY
It got stuck playing one movie that I don’t wanna watch, and I can’t exit it cause the back button won’t work, and if I leave the app and come back the movie is still on. Is there any workaround for this? I don’t know what to do.

• Angry
Reactions: srbNYC

jst333

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
michigan
It got stuck playing one movie that I don’t wanna watch, and I can’t exit it cause the back button won’t work, and if I leave the app and come back the movie is still on. Is there any workaround for this? I don’t know what to do.
You can double click the top right button above the volume on the apple remote, then swipe right or left until you get to the HBO app and then swipe up to close it. Similar to closing out apps on an iphone. I've had to do this a lot with the HBO app

inkahauts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2014
As someone else said, if you airplay from your phone you can use the remote properly…. What a pia …..

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
I want. Restarted by ATV, force-closed HBO Max... still nada.

Here's a new article/thread on the new/old update.

Last edited:

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
It’s fixed now , 50.30.2
07837e02e3b6b114f8c507f09de57b05.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.