Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerittude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Hello I am having problems connecting my HD PVR to my Macintosh computer. My Mac Mini recognizes the Hauppauge HD PVR as version 0.00, however when I load up Windows 7 that is installed alongside OS X, my Hauppauge HD PVR is capable of capturing, and it has since I tested it.

This is the specifics I get from my Mac:
Hauppauge HD PVR:

Product ID: 0x4982
Vendor ID: 0x2040 (Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.)
Version: 0.00
Serial Number: 00A3AE8D
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: AMBA
Location ID: 0x26400000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 4

Is there a way I could get my HD PVR to work on my Mac operating system? It seems I only use Windows 7 to record, and I don't want to continue using Windows 7 on my hard drive.

I have tried using EyeTV and HDPVR Capture, neither recognize the PVR either. I know this can't be a problem with the Mac since it can record on the Windows OS installed on my hard drive, so please help me. I have searched long and hard to get this to work, I just want to be able to record from my PVR on Snow Leopard.

Is there something I could do or download online to fix this problem? I have also tried turning the PVR off and disconnecting the wires, then reconnecting everything. Still nothing works on Snow Leopard. I have also tried this on my other Macintosh that has regular Leopard OS X, nothing works on it either. Note that I have tried every USB 2.0 port on my Mac Mini, as well as disconnecting everything and reconnecting on every individual port.

Also note that my Mac mini was bought new in February 2010. Thank you for your time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.