Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homer42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2021
Hello, I am having an issue with my Macbook Pro when trying to connect to my TV via an HDMI cable. Have never had this issue with any other Mac or PC. The video works perfectly, however the audio goes out. Every 20 seconds or so it starts to go out momentarily over and over (stuttering fashion) then goes back to normal, then goes out again over and over. Today, on top of this issue, now the dialogue is gone. I have Googled this issue and I can't seem to find any solutions. My Macbook Pro is from 2019, running BigSur 11.2.3, and the graphics card is and Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB. The television is an LG C9. I am playing the videos on VLC and have my audio set up to play on the LG. I have tried the official Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter as well as an HDMI-USB-C cable I bought on Amazon. I have confirmed that my sound output is set to my TV through audio settings. If anyone can please help me with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

homer42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2021
Yes I have tried all the basic things. Settings on TV are the same as they always are when any other computer is plugged into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.