Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
is it me or the HDR improved watching Netflix HDR content? At least for the newest videos. Usually, with Netflix, I could notice immediately it was an HDR video because it felt like the brightness was spread all over the screen. This time instead I noticed it only because raising the AVR volume in "A Series of Unfortunate Events" the white of the AVR's volume level spread. While season 1 is in SDR (actually I see now that Netflix before playing says the TV show is UHD 4K - while in the menu while playing it says 4K Dolby Vision) and moving (on the fly) from season 1 to season 2 didn't feel like the picture deteriorated (on the contrary!).

Anyway, the HDR vision in my Sony Bravia XD80 of that and some other HDR shows is very pleasant, now. Was that improved in the video recording, tvOS or my TV? All of the above?

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
Ok, thanks. It must have been "A Series of Unfortunate Events" anyway, because "Atypical" doesn't look that good with some lights in the scenes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.