Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jt69yupper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Do folks listen to music with head tracking switched on? Is it Prefered? Any thoughts?

Cancelled
Apr 17, 2022
Do folks listen to music with head tracking switched on? Is it Prefered? Any thoughts?
I don’t when using my AirPods Max. They don’t sound good in that mode to me. Bass is gone. I’m not a bass head but do like hearing bass lines and double bass drums.

Reactions: Jt69yupper

BIGSHOTT

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
The head tracking works weird. With music, it seems to track vocals different than drums. It irritates me. I don't use spacial audio much, which is sad because that is why I bought the max. Hopefully, they will improve it in the future.

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
I use SA head 'Fixed' as I want SA but I don't tend to sit there with my device in one location. Generally my phone is in my pocket so head tracking would move a lot.

Reactions: JonnyBlaze

topbin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2020
UK
Yeah I've found the head tracking to be nearly pointless/distracting, I don't really enjoy it moving the payment depending on where my head is. If I'm watching something I'm watching something so I want it to remain face on, I find it scanning across as I, say, look left to pick up my drink or whatever.

I'm sure if you're mega into some action/thriller films it could be useful but not something I've enjoyed.

Mr Mann

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2020
Is this only for when listening to Apple Music ? Where does one find the the toggle on/off for this on an iPhone/iPad?

OW22

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
I use it with Apple Music and find it very interesting on some tracks. It’s worth experimenting with and it’s very surprising with some music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.