Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inducecurrent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Now we've moved to USB-C entirely, I'm finally content with the headphone jack being removed. Yes, I use AirPods most of the time but sometimes it's nicer/quicker/more convenient just to plug something in and have it work.

With the new USB-C earpods, I finally have a single pair of headphones that I can plug in to both my computer and phone, just as I could with the headphone jack. With the ability to provide more power as well, I could see bigger/fancier headphones making the switch too, and I'd be just fine with that.

• Haha
Reactions: wickedrm

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Now we've moved to USB-C entirely, I'm finally content with the headphone jack being removed. Yes, I use AirPods most of the time but sometimes it's nicer/quicker/more convenient just to plug something in and have it work.

With the new USB-C earpods, I finally have a single pair of headphones that I can plug in to both my computer and phone, just as I could with the headphone jack. With the ability to provide more power as well, I could see bigger/fancier headphones making the switch too, and I'd be just fine with that.
Glad to hear USB-C positive reception. 😊 It does have better uses than lightning cable per my understanding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.