Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Looking to invest in some new headphones that I can use for both work and personal life. Some mandatories:
- Over the ear ? (my current work headset is uncomfortable fast)
- Wired and bluetooth ? (my work mac doesn't allow bluetooth, but I want it for personal life)
- Really solid mic(s) ?, but not a boom mic (I have one of those for work and would like something more conspicuous for non-work times)
- Adjustable noise canceling ?

I've been eyeing the AirPods Max, Beats Solo Pro, Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, and the Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless. I'd love some personal recommendations though! I’ll

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Canˋt recommend anything new, because I've got the AirPods Max and for me, they are the best headphones I've ever owned.
Most comfortable (for me), great sound, very nice and minimal design (for me) and quality materials and build. Only small complain would be, that they could be a little lighter. And you should be aware, that they're very source sensitive. Meaning, if the source is good quality they sound great, but if the source is bad quality, you'll definitely hear that.

Reactions: SamAshleyBlogs

MacDividend

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2020
I have tried a few different brands over the years, from less expensive to more premium brands for in-ear and headphones. I currently have the Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Over-Ear headphones that I use for video editing and to listen to music/podcasts. Overall, I have enjoyed the Sony headphones, and I think the sound and comfort are better than the Bose Headphones I had before them. Another brand to consider is Shure since they primarily make products for musicians (depending on the quality you want). Here is a quick list of the best headphones for 2021.

scott Lashville

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2021
Looking to invest in some new headphones that I can use for both work and personal life. Some mandatories:
- Over the ear ? (my current work headset is uncomfortable fast)
- Wired and bluetooth ? (my work mac doesn't allow bluetooth, but I want it for personal life)
- Really solid mic(s) ?, but not a boom mic (I have one of those for work and would like something more conspicuous for non-work times)
- Adjustable noise canceling ?

I've been eyeing the AirPods Max, Beats Solo Pro, Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, and the Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless. I'd love some personal recommendations though! I’ll
I'd recommend you these 3 which are great in sound quality and other functionality,
Shure SRH1540, Sennheiser HD 820 and Sony WH-1000XM4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.