Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Not sure if this is a bug, but I use my Withings Scale to keep track of my weight, body fat, heart beat, etc, and it would correctly read that data from the Nokia Health App (Used to be owned by Withings) when using the previous iOS 12. But in iOS 13 it doesn't allow to read weight and body fat data, only heart beat and steps. Any ideas?

Last edited:

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Not sure if this is a bug, but I use my Withings Scale to keep track of my weight, body fat, hear beat, etc, and it would correctly read that data from the Nokia Health App (Used to be owned by Withings) when using the previous iOS 12. But in iOS 13 it doesn't allow to read weight and body fat data, only heart beat and steps. Any ideas?
I don’t have a Withings scale unfortunately. But I am using one from RENPHO and all the metrics are being captured correctly. Can you check all the toggles are selected within health under your profile>privacy>apps. Maybe try reinstalling?

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Yes the only toggles I have available under Privacy > Health > Health Mate are like I said before, Heart Rate and Steps.

Try reinstalling the Nokia Health Mate app or the iOS?

cezar.cretzu

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2018
All working fine here. I would try to enable disable the metrics in sources and give the phone a nice reboot

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
All working fine here. I would try to enable disable the metrics in sources and give the phone a nice reboot

I’ve already tried that. What phone are yoh using? And you’re using the withings scale with the nokia health app and it shows all your weight and body fat data inside the health app in iOS 13 without any problems?
[doublepost=1560024779][/doublepost]

If i reinstall the app it will wipe out all my data and I don’t want that.

Last edited:

cezar.cretzu

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2018
I’ve already tried that. What phone are yoh using? And you’re using the withings scale with the nokia health app and it shows all your weight and body fat data inside the health app in iOS 13 without any problems?
[doublepost=1560024779][/doublepost]

If i reinstall the app it will wipe out all my data and I don’t want that.

Using a XS and yes everything shows as it should. Everything shows in both health and health mate. Erasing the app shouldn’t erase your data. I guess!!! I have a an account with Withings (former Nokia) so basically the all data is in the cloud. I have had the phone erased before and replaced and all data is in.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Strange, I will wait for the next iOS 13 Beta to see if that will fix the issue. I will delete and reinstall the app as a last resort.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Thanks for confirming that. Will definitely save is a boatload of trouble. Looks like we’ll have to wait for iOS 13 to become a bit more stable. It’s probably good to say that Nokia Healthmate.app is buggy and incompatible with iOS 13 at the moment.

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Yeah that would be hopeful if syncing wasn't exactly smooth in iOS 12 either. It hardly ever synced without me having to first open health mate, next the Health app, and back to health mate (as that is the procedure you have to follow to sync according to Withings, why on earth they can't get the thing to sync automatically is beyond me, but they, of course, blame Apple).

Justins567

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2018
Colorado, USA
I have the Body Cardio and Withings Sleep pad, both seem to be syncing on IOS 13 for me fine. short of Health being really flaky about syncing itself sometimes.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Turning on Health crashes my WW Mobile app. Looks like there is something wonky with the Health api.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.