Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I know there are individual health apps available for the watch but I’m looking for an app that has all the data in one place like the Health App on the iPhone. I’m talking about the app with the white square and small heart for an icon. Is there such an app?

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
Sorry it sounds confusing. I typed it early this morning. On my iPhone 11Pro Max i have the “Health” app. It’s the app that has the white background and red heart for an icon. That app on the phone consolidates all my other apps information (Glucose readings from Dario app, Exercise, heart rates, etc... I am looking for an identical app for the watch that has all my health data in one place. I leave my phone at home quite a lot now but need to have tha health data readily available just in case. If something happens to me I want the medical professionals to have the ability to check all my medical data in one app, not have to go to several apps to get it. In an emergency, time is most important. I have several individual apps on my watch for health and exercise. I use them and am very grateful they are there.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I think in apple’s design, iPhone is the central hub of those data. Apple Watch is just an accessory and sensor for iPhone to collect some extra data. Either way, there’s no such an app on watchOS 7, and if Apple does not develop one on watch, that app will not exist, since no one can develop such an app that collects so many personal data.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Ahhh I see. As @Shirasaki says I think the iPhone is absolutely required for that, and no watch app exists.

Edit: pleased to say I’m wrong and there seemingly is an app - see below.

Last edited:
Reactions: wHD

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Yes, what @Shirasaki said...the Apple Watch is the input port for activity and monitoring, and the iPhone is the database and reporting unit. :)

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
When I bought my first Apple Watch series 0 in 2015, I was very surprised not to find this Health application there ...
So I decided to develop my own application:
wHealth Dashboard
You can find it on the app Store:

Last edited:

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
When I bought my first Apple Watch series 0 in 2015, I was very surprised not to find this Health application there ...
wHealth Dashboard
WOW!!! I just downloaded this app and it is exactly what i was looking for. There is a lot to setup initially but that’s to be expected. I live in Arizona and do a ton of walking and of course water consumption. In the app it shows ”ml“ for water consumption, Is there a way to change that to ounces? For the 24 hour clock do I leave the setting “12 Hours (AM/PM)” deselected? One more question. On my iPhone11 Pro Max I can change the theme to dark or light. Can that be done on the watch (Series5) ?

Reactions: StumpyBloke

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
WOW!!! I just downloaded this app and it is exactly what i was looking for. There is a lot to setup initially but that’s to be expected. I live in Arizona and do a ton of walking and of course water consumption. In the app it shows ”ml“ for water consumption, Is there a way to change that to ounces? For the 24 hour clock do I leave the setting “12 Hours (AM/PM)” deselected? One more question. On my iPhone11 Pro Max I can change the theme to dark or light. Can that be done on the watch (Series5) ?
Thanks for the purchase ;)
To answer your questions:
Units: Each data unit is taken from Health app on the iPhone. Is Water setup in ounces in Health ? If this is the case already , please try to switch Water unit in Health to any other unit, back to wHealth, and switch back to ounces, it should be ok then.
24hours: yes deselected 12 am/pm is 24 hours format.
Dark light mode: Light mode is only for the iPhone
Thanks !

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
wHealth Dashboard
I made the purchase. Thank you very much for your app.

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
WOW!!! I just downloaded this app and it is exactly what i was looking for. There is a lot to setup initially but that’s to be expected. ...
On the iPhone application, several help pages are available, via the Help button on the upper right corner of the following screens:
- Settings tab (Application settings)
- Data parameters screens (specific parameters for each data)
- Reports tab (everything about reports)
There you will find all the details on the many settings and possibilities of the application.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

PS: Could you tell me the setting you initially had for Water in the native Health app?
Was it ml or oz?
I checked if there could be an error reading the units when starting wHealth, but everything looks correct to me.
Thanks !

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
On the iPhone application, several help pages are available, via the Help button on the upper right corner of the following screens:
- Settings tab (Application settings)
- Data parameters screens (specific parameters for each data)
- Reports tab (everything about reports)
There you will find all the details on the many settings and possibilities of the application.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

PS: Could you tell me the setting you initially had for Water in the native Health app?
Was it ml or oz?
I checked if there could be an error reading the units when starting wHealth, but everything looks correct to me.
Thanks !
Sorry for the slow response. I checked my Health App after your response. Health App>Summary>Favorites, scrolled down to water. Tapped on water then scrolled to the very bottom of that screen and tapped on unit. The next screen gave me eight options for displaying water. ML was selected. It may be the default so i checked “fl oz (US)” and now i get ounces in your app. In order to get water or any other measuremennt in the summary (Health App) you go to “Edit” at the top of the “Summary” screen. That takes you to the complete list of things the Health app will display. Tap on the open star to select which ones you want. The star will then show as filled in and that measurement will now be in your summary and in the WHealth app.

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
... ML was selected. It may be the default so i checked “fl oz (US)” and now i get ounces in your app ...
Good to hear that default unit used in Apple Health app was well taken by WHD :)

... In order to get water or any other measuremennt in the summary (Health App) you go to “Edit” at the top of the “Summary” screen. That takes you to the complete list of things the Health app will display. Tap on the open star to select which ones you want. The star will then show as filled in and that measurement will now be in your summary and in the WHealth app ...
All this is correct, but with one exception: You do not need to change Apple Health App favorites to get the health data in WHD, both applications have independent favorites ;)

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. Best

Last edited:

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
When I referred to the “Summary” I was talking about the Apple Health App. In order to change the type of units for measuring your water intake you need to go to the Apple Health App. And on the first screen you have “Summary” and “Browse” options at the bottom of the screen. If you select “Browse” it takes you to a new screen “Health Categories” . This is a list of the different areas the app monitors. Tapping on them takes you to another screen where you can make any selections on how you want that particular data tracked for you. This is how will show up on WHealth. For ”Water” I went to “Nutrition” found water, tapped on it, scrolled to the bottom and was able to change my units of measure from mL to fl oz(US). Now it shows up on WHealth as fl oz. Voila. Each one of those Categories also lists several available apps for that particular measurement.

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
Yes, absolutely, wHealth uses data units as they are defined in Apple Health app.
Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
This is great news. Your app rocks! Thank you.
Widgets and Multiple complications are available on V7.0
It took a lot longer than expected due to a serious crash of my MacBook, but it's finally available.

I've created a new thread for the App:

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Widgets and Multiple complications are available on V7.0
It took a lot longer than expected due to a serious crash of my MacBook, but it's finally available.

I've created a new thread for the App:
Thanks for letting me know about the update. Much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.