Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shshammas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
My iphone Xs's ? health was 98% pre ios 15 update and it dropped to 93% after the update. Then it gradually started declining & my iphone's ? health is 88% today.
Will this be fixed by  in future updates or is this a permanent damage that has happened to my new iphone Xs
(On a side note, My phone doesn't got through heavy usage everyday)

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
My iphone Xs's health was 98% pre ios 15 update and it dropped to 93% after the update. Then it gradually started declining & my iphone's health is 88% today.
Will this be fixed by  in future updates or is this a permanent damage that has happened to my new iphone Xs
(On a side note, My phone doesn't got through heavy usage everyday)

This is the norm. In fact it all recalibrates after the update and gives a more accurate health percentage.

I’ve held my breath every update and still on 100% health thankfully!

Reactions: Hi Tek

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
My understanding is that the percentage would change after an update, but then the number would not change until another update. The number should not keep on declining (even though the battery itself, of course, would continue to decline). So I don't think OP experience is normal.

I could be wrong on this. Can someone confirm?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.