Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Hi guys,
So yesterday I randomly decided to re-create the leaked Healthbook icon we've seen, and in the process I discovered a few things that makes me think the leaks are 100% real. Here's Healthbook:
vTGkDEE.png
2Zf0rSc.png

On homescreen with Passbook

Now for the interesting bit. The icon I based the re-creation off was taken from a full-res (.jpg) screenshot of the leaked homescreen. That icon aligned perfectly with the iOS 7 Grid System (as shown above in the re-creation). I didn't alter it to fit the Grid: it already did. That suggests that this icon was created by designers who know about the Grid System, which are most likely to be Apple's designers.
Not convinced? Look how well it lines up with Passbook's 3 sections. It's pixel-perfect consistency; something Apple is known for doing.

But wait, there's more! Along with the leaked homescreen screenshot was two in-app screenshots.
DzLohC5.jpg

(These aren't the 9to5Mac versions: they're the originals.)​

First off, take a look at Activity, Blood Pressure and Heart Rate. Notice how the logos for them match up to the ones on the app icon? Notice how the colours for them are the same as the ones on the app icon (minus the shading)?
More on colours: look at all of the colours shown. They're the same as the ones used throughout iOS 7; the red, orange and blues are found everywhere in the apps. One extra detail I noticed was the colour for Sleep: its the same as the purple used for the Do Not Disturb icon in the Settings app. A nice touch.

iOS 7 has a set colour scheme that runs throughout the apps and icons, and it seems Healthbook is no exception to that. I think this is enough evidence to suggest that these are indeed real, and that what we see at WWDC will be almost the same or identical to this.

Thoughts?

giraffeboy27

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
I'm a graphic designer, and I know that it is incredibly easy for someone experienced to create a "realistic" image of something that is rumoured (remember all the supposed iOS 7 UI leaks that were supposedly real? That turned out to be fakes?).

Apple UI designers aren't the only ones that can use the grid system and correct colours ;)

I'm not saying that these are real or fake, just that it's not that difficult to imagine some random person creating these on illustrator or photoshop :)

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
That suggests that this icon was created by designers who know about the Grid System, which are most likely to be Apple's designers.

Perhaps the icon is legit, but I have a hard time with this reasoning. I think there are more graphic designers who don't work for Apple that know about the grid and color palette.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I'm a graphic designer, and I know that it is incredibly easy for someone experienced to create a "realistic" image of something that is rumoured (remember all the supposed iOS 7 UI leaks that were supposedly real? That turned out to be fakes?).

Apple UI designers aren't the only ones that can use the grid system and correct colours ;)

I'm not saying that these are real or fake, just that it's not that difficult to imagine some random person creating these on illustrator or photoshop :)

Good point! I've designed icons with the iOS 7 Grid System and colour palette, so it's not impossible that these are just fakes, and I'm sure the app screenshots aren't too hard to fake either (provided the designer knows what they're doing). It's just my opinion that they're real. :)

----------

Perhaps the icon is legit, but I have a hard time with this reasoning. I think there are more graphic designers who don't work for Apple that know about the grid and color palette.

True. There are definitely good designers out there, who don't work for Apple, that can design like Apple's designers do.

I just don't think it's likely that these screenshots are fake. :)

dannymercer

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
UK
Yeah I don't think the Apple Design teams have the sole mandate on the grid idea.

For the record, I've heard many designers moan about that grid system, but that's for another day.

mrcheezit

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
I agree with the others saying that it could just be some random dude making these icons... but I really think that it's real as well. You make a good point with the grid system/color scheme reasoning, so even if this isn't really leaked from Apple it's probably darn close to the real thing. Great job btw!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.