Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
Why doesn't Apple provide HealthKit and the Health App on an iPad? Or at least a web interface? My daughter is too young to have an iPhone, but has an iPad. We have many withings devices that can write data to HealthKit and allow it to be shared. But only for my daughter, I cannot do so, because Apple using some logic only they're aware of didn't bring Health to an iPad. Insane!

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I’ve been requesting this for years. It makes no sense that the Health and (actual) Fitness apps aren’t on the iPad still. All the health and fitness data is already synced and stored in iCloud - we literally just need the interface to display it, which also already exists (albeit formatted for the smaller screen). All they need to do is make the iPhone apps universal…it’s such low hanging fruit.

It just really bothers me that they prevent us from using our own (important) data on our own Apple devices - especially when that data is generated by an Apple specific app! I don’t think thats right at all. It’s my health data, I should be able to see it on whichever device I want.

Reactions: slyronit

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
I can somewhat tolerate the omission of Calculator and Weather on the iPad because you can use 3rd party apps instead. You cannot use any other app to access the Apple Health data. So without the phone, basically you have no access to it.

Reactions: boston04and07

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
The Withings app on my iphone has full access to Healthkit data. It shows the same info in it that the Health app does. Never tried to install the Withings app on my iPad.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
The Withings app on my iphone has full access to Healthkit data. It shows the same info in it that the Health app does. Never tried to install the Withings app on my iPad.
I know. Same for me. I have the Withings app on my daughter’s iPad. Tapping on the Health icon says that the device doesn’t support HealthKit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.