Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grouch92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Before the update to IOS 13 the only sounds sent to my hearing aids from the iPhone were phone calls and music. Now *everything* is heard. The notification of a new email almost knocked me out of my chair. I hear key clicks and it seems virtually any sound on the XS is directed into my ears.

I know I can turn some off- Settings, Sounds and Haptics, but I still want the sounds - just not blasting in my ears. Settings, Accessability, Hearing Devices still shows only Play Ringtones and Audio Routing as the only options to turn off. I want those - just not the other stuff.

grouch92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
I'm using the ReSound Smart app. I will give them a call tomorrow to see if they're aware of this.

grouch92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
After I thought about this, I decided it sounded more like an Apple issue, rather than the ReSound app issue. Specifically the IOS 13 update. IOS13.1 didn't fix things, so I contacted Apple support.

They are aware of the issue and are working on it, but no timeframe yet for the fix.

In the meantime they suggested turning off the volume to silent. Phone calls and music were still steamed, but this isn't a solution for me. It actually makes things worse. No notifications unless I happen to see the screen light up on the phone. And no hope of knowing about them if my aids are out.

Or you can go in and turn off notifications on most thigs. I'd already done this long ago, so the notifications left were the ones I want. Turning more off will reduce the usefulness of the phone.

For now it looks like I'll turn the volume down some, so I don't get blasted and wait for the fix. I stressed to the tech that this was urgent.

grouch92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Just updated to IOS 13.1.1. Big mistake! Now I get no sounds at all in my aids (MFi ReSound Calas) from my XS.

Before IOS 13 everything worked as it should. Phone calls, music and other pertinent sounds went to the aids automatically.

IOS 13 and IOS 13.1 - every single sound the XS made was played in the aids - even key clicks.

IOS 13.1.1 - now nothing plays in the aids. I've lost phone calls and music along with everything else. The aids are still paired as I can see them in Settings on the XS. The ReSound TV steamer works and is controlled by the phone app. Settings, Acessability, Hearing Devices, MFI hearing devices, My Hearing Aids - still works to set the mode or volume, so there is still connectivity. This is the worst of all possabilities.

Please, if you see this too, report it to Apple.

grouch92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
2nd edit, they had disconnected; power cycle aids with phone and app active, working for the moment
(Smacks forehead with palm of hand) Of course! I should have thought of that. Once I power cycled the aids, I'm back to getting sounds. All sounds, but that's better than no sounds. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.