Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jollino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chieti, Italy
Hello all,
I'm having a weird issue with my AW Series 4 (watchOS 5.3.1).

Starting yesterday, and entirely out of the blue, the Workout app has stopped showing the correct heartrate during any kind of workout. The weird thing is that if I go back to my watchface with a heart rate complication or open the actual Heart app, it's shown correctly; and even at the end of the workout, it's recorded as expected if I look at the summary.

It's just the display on the Workout app that's stuck at 92, and it actually shows 92 instead of the usual "---" at the very beginning. After a short while the 92 is greyed out and the heart symbol is outlined rather than being filled, but if I pause the workout it shows the correct instantaneous heart rate until I resume it, when it goes back to the greyed out 92.

The only thing I think may have triggered the bug is that I accidentally double pressed the side button, which brought up Apple Pay, during a workout (I meant to try the button+crown combo to pause it, but went with the double press out of habit.)

Already tried force-quitting the Workout app, rebooting, force-rebooting, fiddling with the metrics and power saving settings, pressing the side button twice again. I've only stopped short of unpairing and repairing it, but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.