Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Hi!

I made an app that can export the data stored in Apple Health in a nice printable format that you can share with your doctor. The idea came to me when i was at my doctor and he saw me wearing an Apple Watch and asked if he can see the data it collects. I tried to share it from the Health app, but turns out theres no way to do this :)

Here is the App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heart-reports/id1448243870?mt=8

This is how it looks like:

screenshots.png

Here is a couple of sample reports:

sample-reports.png

As you can see theres a bunch of data available on the report. For the general heart rate, variability, calories values you can use your Apple Watch. For blood pressure and blood sugar reports, you obviously need a smart device that records these datapoints, or you can enter it manually using my app or with Apple Health.
About privacy: the app works completely offline, so your data is secure, i don't see anything.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
This is an excellent app. I had been doing something very similar using Apple Numbers and now, I will be using your app. Money well spent. Thank you.

Can i ask how did you export the data previously to be used in Numbers?

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
The app is definitely worth the price of admission. I wish i had found your app sooner. It would have saved me so much time.

If the series 6 gets released with pulse ox support, will you add that to the graph list of variables, along with sleep tracking results when iOS 14 is officially released?

Yes, sure, i keep adding datapoints. Sleep time is actually visible now, but not in a graph format, just in the table data.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
I just released an update, this fixes a bunch of things, here is the changelog:

- Fixed sleep times if there was multiple records for a single day
- Black & white mode toggle in the settings: if you have a monochrome printer, this will provide more contrast for printouts
- Fixed step count for hourly reports
- The notes at the bottom is visible on all kinds of reports, renamed from global average to average
- Time is removed from the date range(subtitle)
- For hourly reports, sleep times and body weight is hidden(doesn't makes sense to include in this case)
- Fixed the no-data issue in the blood pressure charts
- Improved the X axis of the heart rate graph
- Missing datapoints in the heart rate graph won't break the line that connect the dots
- In the report preview window, touch & hold won't select the text on the report(so it acts like a pdf now)
- Updated privacy policy
- Added a review app button in the app settings

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I just released an update, this fixes a bunch of things, here is the changelog:

- Fixed sleep times if there was multiple records for a single day
- Black & white mode toggle in the settings: if you have a monochrome printer, this will provide more contrast for printouts
- Fixed step count for hourly reports
- The notes at the bottom is visible on all kinds of reports, renamed from global average to average
- Time is removed from the date range(subtitle)
- For hourly reports, sleep times and body weight is hidden(doesn't makes sense to include in this case)
- Fixed the no-data issue in the blood pressure charts
- Improved the X axis of the heart rate graph
- Missing datapoints in the heart rate graph won't break the line that connect the dots
- In the report preview window, touch & hold won't select the text on the report(so it acts like a pdf now)
- Updated privacy policy
- Added a review app button in the app settings
Thank you very much for the hard work on the app.

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
I released a huge update today. This is what changed:

First, i created a new sleep, activity and blood oxygen report. Looks like this with some sample data:

Group.png

Next, i made some widgets too. A bunch of them actually. All three sizes supported and you can configure each widget with some options, like selecting a date range, units and colors to match your background image. Here is a screenshot from all available widgets in light and dark mode:

widgets.png

The last bigger change is the brand new app design. Looks like this in light/dark mode, i think it turned out really nice:

app-screenshots.png

Apart from these major changes, there a lot more new stuff and fixes. In no particular order:

• You can use the Shortcuts app with Heart Reports now to generate reports. This can be used to automate the process of generating your health reports, for example, to get a monthly report automatically made.
  • The report generation is a lot faster now
  • Units can be overwritten in the app settings(temperature, weight, concentration)
  • Improved contrast on the report
  • Graphs are split into multiple graphs if there is too much data and it will keep the minimum and maximum values are the same on all graphs
  • Each report features a new header with patient data and date range
  • Improved add data screen: you can add heart rate, blood sugar, and blood pressure data from a single screen. Tap and hold the app icon to access this screen quickly
  • Improved CSV export
  • You can generate reports now even if you don't have heart rate data(for example you just need a blood sugar report and you enter data manually)
Hope you like these changes! If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to make the app even better, please send me a message. And if you are already using the app, please leave a rating/review in the App Store, it would help me a lot. Thanks!

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Version 2.1 includes a BMI widget and a BMI chart on the activity report. Also italian translation. And you can select a layout now, in case you only need just the graphs, or just the table data on your report:

IMG_8DF1923830D6-1.jpeg

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Version 2.2
Most importantly, the app is now free, with an in-app purchase to unlock PDF exports. But you will get 1 free export. Existing users should be able to export without the need to purchase an IAP.
And a couple of new features, and bugfixes too:
  • AFIB notifications now visible on the report
  • Water intake visible in the nutritional intake column and also a water intake widget
  • Removed the 12 month report limit
  • If you select a single day for the report, you can turn on minute-by-minute reports too
  • Fixed multiple sleep report issues
  • Energy unit can be changed between kcal and kJ
  • Fixed an issue with 12/24h time format
  • Nutritional units visible on the report(mg and g)
  • You can now export in JSON format too, not just CSV

Reactions: max2

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Version 2.2.5 - this one includes VO₂ max and Lean Body Mass graphs in the activity report. And some usual smaller bugfixes of course.

IMG_99A5BC94AA8C-1.jpeg

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Version 2.3 - includes an annotation feature, where you can leave comments about your records on the report, like to indicate symptoms for example. Talking about symptoms, if you log those in Apple Health, you can display it on the report automatically, just turn this on under fine-tune settings.

Also, the unlimited export IAP is free until dec 24th :)

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Version 2.3.4
  • Symptom severity is displayed in the report, like this:
    1676722867767.png
  • Fixed various issues with the blood oxygen report
  • Fixed a rounding issue in the blood glucose report
TODO: I also have designed a separate medications report. This will be really useful, because you can combine it with your symptoms and other measurements. Sadly however medications are not in HealthKit at the moment, so third party apps don't have access to this information. Hopefully in iOS17.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.