Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
CA
I've been noticing that my macbook gets pretty warm in the top left corner (where the magsafe is) after some use. The same area but on the bottom gets much much hotter. This kind of worries me, so i am wondering if it's normal? I check the temperatures on istatpro and they are nothing ridiculous, or are they? pic here: http://i26.tinypic.com/2illaph.png

Sometime last week i closed the macbooks lid to put it to sleep. Later on when i opened it i noticed it was really hot like the computer had not gone to sleep and was running the whole time. I didn't think much about it but is this a common thing?

Also, the other day i opened the lip to wake it up from sleep and the macbook would not wake up. I clicked some keys and nothing. I had to press the power button and restart it to get it running again. It also took a little more than usual to start up. I'm wondering if this is a sign of a problem?

Other than these things that worry me, the macbook has been working fine.

Btw, i bought this macbook on Feb 26.

gregk205

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008
New York
Yes this is normal in the top left hand corner. Especially when it is charging the battery and not just powering the computer.. I have a Blackbook that does the same thing. And also my friends macbooks do the same thing. So it is just part of dealing with the macbook. As for the other issue I think it just didn't go to sleep properly. And once you restart your computer it should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.