Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jcast22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Lancaster,CA
Hello everyone I just ordered a mac mini and just waiting for it to arrive sometime this week. I have a question about my monitors capability,it's an old crt monitor from my insignia that i've had nothing but problems with the past few years,and Im wondering what kind of adapter I need to buy to get it to fit . I will be getting a new monitor soon but in the meantime im stuck with this old one.

ReggaeFire

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2003
You will need either a Mini DVI-VGA adapter or a Mini Displayport-VGA adapter. The DVI one will almost certainly be cheaper.

Jcast22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Lancaster,CA
thank you another thing I left out,what about my mouse and keyboard? I didn't see any ports for them since mine don't plug into the usb's

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
thank you another thing I left out,what about my mouse and keyboard? I didn't see any ports for them since mine don't plug into the usb's

There are no PS/2 ports on the Mac Mini (or any mac, for that matter). You will have to purchase a USB keyboard and a USB mouse (or Bluetooth keyboard/mouse for wireless). I actually purchased an apple keyboard with numeric keypad (which is USB) and I have a Logitech wireless mouse. Both work very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.