Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cedesigns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2022
Wisconsin
New to group - I have been freelancing Mainly branding design - for 5 years on my own - worked as inhouse graphic designer and also at some advertising agencies in the past. Looking forward to some inspiring discussions...

06tb06

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2017
I attempted graphic design work in the past, got tired of consulting clients for two weeks and they still didn't have any clue as to what they wanted, or how much investment they wanted to contribute. I found I was mostly wasting my time playing back-and-forth games without any compensation.

I really enjoy the work I do now as a machinist. The customers who walk in the door know exactly what they want and when they need it, and the finished product is far more tangible. Higher margins to for really complex work or government contracts.

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Hi @cedesigns, just wanted to say hello and welcome you to MacRumors Design and Graphics forum. After just reading posts for many years, I've decided to join MR in 2016. I think, here you can find many interested people to ask or answer questions about Mac and Graphics Design. Being self-employed, I try to give back some personal experience to the community. Have a great time while enjoying MacRumors forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.