Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philbergstein_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2024
I have a 12" retina MacBook from 2015 running macOS big sur(no macbook air, no macbook pro.) and need your help, because its not booting whatsoever. allthough the battery is in pretty bad condidtion, it used to work. then it started shutting off randomly and saying the battery is dead, now its not even making a charging noise when plugged in. when i plug it in the only sign of life is that the trackpad is clicking (If i hold the power button for 10 seconds the clicking stops). I tried everything from smc reset to using diffrent chargers but also Power cycling. I plugged into a usb tester and it was taking 0.400A on an apple original charger. what should i do. if you have any idea how i can fix it, or you have the same issue, please reply.
=)

Edit: If i plug the Macbook Retina 12" into my macbook air, it charges at 1.390A

Last edited:

Philbergstein_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2024
I looked at the logic board with a flir thermal camera and saw that several components started heating up when left plugged in for a few hours. Are you sure a battery replacement will fix this issue?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.