Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confusedrose19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2018
I have just managed to resurrect my macbook that has been dead for 8 months, but now its doing that thing that I have read some macbooks do. The keyboard and the trackpad are not showing signs of functioning. I know that the keyboard does work because that is how I turned the screen on in the first place. I reset the PRAM one last time and it finally turned on. My current solution is just to sit, wait and let it charge and see if anything starts to function. Doe snayone have an experience with their laptop acting like this and possible solutions?

Last edited:

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
I have just managed to resurrect my macbook that has been dead for 8 months, but now its doing that thing that I have read some macbooks do. The keyboard and the trackpad are not showing signs of functioning. I kow that the keyboard does work because that is how I turned the screen on in the first place. I reset the PRAM one last time and it finally turned on. My current solution is just to sit, wait and let it charge and see if anything starts to function. Doe snayone have an experience with their laptop acting like this and possible solutions?

I think you are in uncharted waters with this machine...not many users have experience of doing what you have done with this machine.

All I can suggest is that, now that it starts up, you could plug an external mouse and keyboard in it and might be able to make further progress.

What happened eight months ago that caused it to not work then and be left for eight months? Was it a liquid spill or some other accident?

confusedrose19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2018
I think you are in uncharted waters with this machine...not many users have experience of doing what you have done with this machine.

All I can suggest is that, now that it starts up, you could plug an external mouse and keyboard in it and might be able to make further progress.

What happened eight months ago that caused it to not work then and be left for eight months? Was it a liquid spill or some other accident?

The screen was cracked when O accidently closed the charger in the laptop when I went to unplug and close the laptop other than that nothing happened to the computer. It sat for 8 months because I sent it home with my parents in CT while I was at school in Chicago. Now that I'm back I finally had time to fix it, but I guess I have now gone where no man has with this macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.