Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janelomein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Hey guys! So my iphone 6 has been getting super bad battery drainage so I made an appt with the apple store to get the battery replaced because im way too broke to afford a new phone now. they rejected it because my iphone has the slightest bending and said it could mess up the phone. Can you still replace the battery on the iphone even if the phone is a little bent ? If it’s possible I want to take it to another retailer. Thanks!!!! save a life please

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Sure you can, Apple is just a little too @n@l about these things. If the bend is bad, it can cause stress on the screen which could lead to a cracked screen in the future. However, if the bend is slight, it's not a big deal...you have been using your phone with this bend for quite some time now with now issues afterall.

Check out your local listings and find a reputable repair shop to have the battery replaced. If Apple doesn't want your money, others will be happy to offer you great service and extend the life of your device.

Reactions: Vivian Nicholas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.