Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeynation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Hello, I have a ATV2 and it came with 4.3 i tried to jailbreak it with seas0npass but it upgraded it to 5.3. I didnt now it would upgrade it. I went to ifaith and found that my shsh blobs were saved but everytime i try to make a signed ipsw it wouldnt lt me i get a error doesnt matter what computer i have. Please help! I have also attached a photo of the message. Is there anyway i can send someone my .ifaith shsh blobs and make me the signed ipsw and i can download it ? or is my shsh blobs not valid Thanks again !

Attachments

• shsh.JPG
    shsh.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 124
  • error.JPG
    error.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 114

obeynation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Are you using the proper firmware and valid blobs?
Well i downloaded the firmware from snowbreeze 4.3 8f455
and the shsh blob from ifaith i found available shsh and downloaded it it was in .ifaith i dont understand why this is happening. im also running it as a administrator. can anyone create the signed ipsw for me if i give them the .ifaith shsh ? thanks for all the help so far

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Well i downloaded the firmware from snowbreeze 4.3 8f455
and the shsh blob from ifaith i found available shsh and downloaded it it was in .ifaith i dont understand why this is happening. im also running it as a administrator. can anyone create the signed ipsw for me if i give them the .ifaith shsh ? thanks for all the help so far

I can give it a try later today. You can send me a PM if you'd like

obeynation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
I can give it a try later today. You can send me a PM if you'd like

Alright sounds good thanks, but for some reason it wont let me send any pm's could you email me? it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Alright sounds good thanks, but for some reason it wont let me send any pm's could you email me? it would be greatly appreciated. email: --- Thanks again

You need to enable private messaging in your settings. I don't recommend posting your email in public, you may get spammed

obeynation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
No , I had got a brand new Apple TV 2 and it had 4.3 went to jailbreak or and without a warning it updated me to 5.3 and I never choose that option and I found that ifaith had my shsh saved. I really need it untethered , what can I do

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
No , I had got a brand new Apple TV 2 and it had 4.3 went to jailbreak or and without a warning it updated me to 5.3 and I never choose that option and I found that ifaith had my shsh saved. I really need it untethered , what can I do

ifaith servers don't automatically make and save your .ifaith shsh blobs unless you manually dumped it yourself (as far as I'm aware of)

i don't know much about apple tv's, but on an iphone, ipad, or ipod touch with bootrom exploit: without valid blobs, you're stuck

Last edited:

jkeating2005

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
If i was in your situation, I would just Jailbreak 5.3 Tethered with Seas0nPass.

Seriously think about it, How many times do you Unplug an AppleTV. Mine is Tethered Boot and i haven't Had to reboot it since the day i jailbroke it. Just my opinion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.