Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogueathletic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
Oceanside, CA
Hey all, new here so please let me know if the process of combining these questions is a fail.

Computer Spec:

MacBook Pro: (15-inch, late 2018)
Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9
Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Monitors Spec:
Brand:
Dell
Model: U2717D

Ports and Slots: AC power
HDMI/MHL
DisplayPort in
Mini DisplayPort in
DisplayPort out
Audio line out
USB upstream
USB downstream
Bluetooth Devices:
Apple Mouse: Magic Mouse 2 - Black
Apple Keyboard: Magic Keyboard 2 /numb-pad - Black

Bluetooth info:
Version: 6.0.9f2 ( v63 c4374 )

1st. Issue) ---> Bluetooth constantly dropping

The computer is about three months old. Out of the box, the Bluetooth was so horrible I was back to the store to purchase a new keyboard before the system was even set up. Both mouse and keyboard were dumping constantly, by this I would say every 1-2 minutes. This is still happening to the same scale of error unless the laptop is on the far right side of the keyboard and mouse. If it is placed to the right of the blue tooth devices it only dumps connection every 20-30 minutes on average sometimes longer.

What I have done already to try to fix this issue:
  1. keep laptop to the far right of BT devices (kinda lame thing to have to do)
  2. replaced the Bluetooth file in the core systems file
  3. option + shift > Debug > Reset the BT module
  4. option + shift > Debug >

2nd. Issue) ---> Dell U2717D monitors will not daisy chain
Looking for a quality charging doc that
doesn't break

I have resided to the fact that Dell just kind of writes whatever they like on their product descriptions and am blown away at the **** I got when I called their tech support and told them I was using them with a Mac. All the same, I'm stuck with the monitors now and I really like their size and screen quality.

Since Apple does not recognize the MST feature on these monitors I am in need of a charging doc so there is only one cable running across my desk. It would be a huge help if yall could chime in and let me know a quality charging doc that supplies the info listed below:

allows for 2 monitors to pass through it
Has a built-in charger so the only cable runs to it from the wall and one to the computer sans the cables plugged into it from the monitors.

Thanks!

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
1) do you have any USB3.0 devices connected?
2) CalDigit TS3+, but you'll need a USB-C - displayport adapter for the 2nd one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.