Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m_kurti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2018
Tirana, Albania
Hey everyone!

I own a iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.3. Unfortunately, the person who gave me this iPhone, has forgotten iCloud password, so I am not able to restore the iPhone to solve my problem.

Yesterday, I jailbroke my device with Electra by Coolstar (https://coolstar.org/electra/). After I installed it, I installed a tweak from Cydia called Filza File Manager. I used it to remove iCloud account in my device, by deleting 3 files (Accounts3.sqlite ; Accounts3.sqlite-shm ; Accounts3.sqlite-wal) at /var/mobile/Library/Accounts/. In fact, it worked. The iCloud Account was removed from Settings. After this, I reboot my device, but it stuck at Apple Logo with a boot loop. I can't turn on my smartphone, I can't restore it (not for losing data, but because I haven't the iCloud), I can't fix it.

I tried to:
  1. Enter and Exit Recovery Mode using ReiBoot [NOT WORKED]
  2. Enter in No Substrate Mode (Volume Up) [NOT WORKED]
  3. Rebooting several times using Power Button + Volume Down [NOT WORKED]

I can't find any way to fix it. If anyone can help me, please send me a possible solution in the comments.

Thank you!

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
There is absolutely no way around this whatsoever. Even taking it to Apple is a no go.

Either your friend go through the trouble of getting the account side sorted or the phone remains a paperweight.

Surely if it were a good friend they’d assist in any way they good to ensure a clean transition.

m_kurti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2018
Tirana, Albania
There is absolutely no way around this whatsoever. Even taking it to Apple is a no go.

Either your friend go through the trouble of getting the account side sorted or the phone remains a paperweight.

Surely if it were a good friend they’d assist in any way they good to ensure a clean transition.

I am not sure if I understood you, but the person who gave me this phone is my cousin. He bought this phone in a Mobile Shop in Italy, so the device is not stolen if you mean this. Anyway, when he created the iCloud Account, he didn't use his personal information, so he used a fake name, a fake birthday etc. Now, the account is locked for security reasons (many attemps to remember the password) and it requires to recover with email linked to this account or by answering security questions, but to do this, I need to enter the birthday first, but he is not sure about the birthday that he used to. So, the main problem is not boot loop, but is the forgotten iCloud. Unfortunately, my cousin wasn't enough inform that the iCloud Account is too important.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I am not sure if I understood you, but the person who gave me this phone is my cousin. He bought this phone in a Mobile Shop in Italy, so the device is not stolen if you mean this. Anyway, when he created the iCloud Account, he didn't use his personal information, so he used a fake name, a fake birthday etc. Now, the account is locked for security reasons (many attemps to remember the password) and it requires to recover with email linked to this account or by answering security questions, but to do this, I need to enter the birthday first, but he is not sure about the birthday that he used to. So, the main problem is not boot loop, but is the forgotten iCloud. Unfortunately, my cousin wasn't enough inform that the iCloud Account is too important.

I see! No not necessarily pointing to you stealing it

Erm that puts you in an odd situation. Can your cousin provide Apple a valid receipt as proof of purchase. That’s the only way Apple may be able to assist in the iCloud situation. If you are open and honest if your intentions Apple might be willing to help further.

Reactions: m_kurti

m_kurti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2018
Tirana, Albania
I see! No not necessarily pointing to you stealing it

Erm that puts you in an odd situation. Can your cousin provide Apple a valid receipt as proof of purchase. That’s the only way Apple may be able to assist in the iCloud situation. If you are open and honest if your intentions Apple might be willing to help further.

Hoping he has kept the proof of purchase. I'm calling him. Thank you for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.