Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silvercool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2022
Hi I can't print from my MacBook to my canon pixma ip1800. It's currently connected to my windows laptop and I am able to see it on my Macbook m1 via network, however when I try to print nothing is coming out.

I tried to install the official drivers but I'm getting a unable to install drivers since they are not for Monterey.

Is there anyway to edit the driver files to get the ip1800 working? or anything? I've attached the driver.

Here below I've also added a link for the Canon Pixma mx920 a printer that uses the same software and is updated for Monterey. However the .kext files are different, is there anyway to swap .kext files to get the ip1800 working? or anything?

I would really like to get this working, because every time I want to print something I have to remote in to my windows computer.

Attachments

• mcpd-mac-ip1800-10_67_2-ea11.dmg.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Can you temporarily attach the printer directly to you Mac to see if it will install that way? That would get the drivers loaded and then perhaps you can just update the printer’s interface to point to the Windows machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.