Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike.messiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2019
Good morning

I am an Asst. Professor working at Mizoram University, India. Recently we received an Apple 27" iMAC Rx580x desktop (2019) for video production work. Our University uses Windows PC mostly. So when we asked the IT department to configure our iMAC for our University internet, they said they cant figure it out. An iMAC is completely alien to them. They spent a few hours tinkering but failed,and eventually gave up. Apparently there are some iMACs in other departments (Mass Com) and those systems too are unable to connect to our University internet.

So i came here to ask for help

So this is how we connect to the University internet . We are given a User ID and a Password. When we open a web browser, (chrome,Firefox etc) we are given a login page. After we enter our Faculty User ID and password, we are able to use the internet. Closing the browser window where we did our login, will disconnect us.

Below are the screenshots of the internet settings on my Windows PC (which can connect) and i have replicated the settings , as accurately as i could, to the iMAC (which cannot connect)

PC Collage.jpg

MAC Collage (1).jpg

Note: The new IP Addresses which are given to our four new Department computers are the following

192.168.100.222 (my PC)
192.168.100.223 (iMAC)
192.168.100.224 (staff PC)
192.168.100.225 (research scholar PC)

Hope the community can help me out. There aren't many experts in my workplace.

Thank you in advance.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Have you tried connecting without the Proxy settings on iMac? I assume the login page is 192.168.14.254, doesn't that even load?

Reactions: cdcastillo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.