Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
help!

i had downloaded a download accelerating program for IE, and I decided I didnt like it, so I deleted it. Then, when I tried to downlaod something in IE, it just did nothing. So, I went to the preferences and I changed the file helpers thing. No luck. So then I reset the preferences. Still no luck. So then I took out my OS X cd and I reinstalled IE. And.. no.

Please help! Anything! Please!

i dont want to be control-clicking everytime to download something!

irmongoose

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
How bout you try e-mailing the creater of this speed downloading app and see if they have an answer.

Or just get a "better" browser than IE. Netscape 6.2.2. is a real improvement and it can now start to compete with version 4.7.6. Omniweb is great, except it takes too long to load pages... and then there's iCab, i've never used it so I can't tell you!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Get Netscape!

I would strongly recommend Netscape 6.2, unless you have a slow G3, because it may crash the monster application.

I am even using Netscape 6.2.1 on dial-up, and not one browser works faster! My father and my brother even worship 6.2!

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Just don't use IE

IE sucks anyway. There better programs that don't make you work hard to use them. theres your solution.

Unless there's a reason you need IE specifically.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
i will email the maker of the app...

but i use IE because its much faster than anything else (seriously!)
Netscape is too 'heavy', OmniWeb, as dantec said, takes too long to load pages...

Im using the new G4 iMac.

Thanks alot to people who responded!

irmongoose

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Typical MS.

I went to MS's web page to look for the download. I found the download for it, but it only exists for Classic. The site says IE for OS X is available only by CD (ie the OS X.1 CD).

Typical MS craziness.

Matthew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.